Why choose FFS Packaging?
If you fill more than several hundred thousand bags per year, then Form Fill Seal technology can save you money
What is Form Fill Seal?
● A fully automatic low cost packing concept for dry solids, pellets, flakes, powders, crystals, fibrous materials and slurries or pastes
● The bag is Formed on the bagging machine from a roll of film, immediately Filled then Sealed across the top
Why is FFS growing?
Because of synthesis of film & packaging machinery developments
● new stronger, lighter films are less expensive
● improved film sealing technology and powder handling techniques
● Printing the film within the FFS machine before the bag is made provides the ability to change product or batch without loading a new roll of film
● Ease and reliability of automating the bagging operation
● Reduces the number of operators on the bagging line
● Improves productivity owing to a dramatic increase of packing rate
What are the advantages of FFS?
● Bags made on FFS are less expensive than pre-made bags = "pay back"
● Lower capital cost than fully auto machine when packing rate above 500 bags/h
● Total automation - usually unattended, labour saving provides ="pay-back"
● Consistent packing rate
● Compact (especially the Vertical FFS)
● Fast - increased production rate, reduced no. of shifts ="pay back"
● Easy and quick to clean-out between production batches
● Fewer moving parts - especially Vertical FFS
● 'Online’film printing provides readable bar code and product info
What are the disadvantages of FFS?
● Not economical for short production runs of one bag size - below 1000 x 25 Kg bags = 25 tons
● Cannot handle paper
● Cannot handle multi-ply packing materials
● Not economical for packing low density, aerated powders such as wheat flour, talcum powder, skimmed and whey powder at medium speeds
● Cannot remove ‘trapped air’ very quickly or easily
● Shape of package made by Vertical FFS or ‘C’ type FFS not as good as valve sack
● Cannot self adjust for different widths of bag (but changing length is very easy on Horizontal and Vertical FFS machines)
What factors should be considered when contemplating FFS?
● Will your customers accept plastic bags?
● Are plastic bags tough enough?
● Do any regulations prohibit the use of plastic bags?
● Speed – is bagging rate above 200-300 bags/hour
● Can you run one bag size and weight continuously for a minimum of 2 hours
● Are your products:- fine, aerated, low density, if so FFS may be expensive especially if you pack 3 x 25kg bags/minute
The Future for FFS
What machinery and film developments will increase usage of FFS?
1.Developments of porous films which mimic quality of multi-ply paper and are acceptable for packing food products
2.Stronger ‘puncture proof’ films as tough and cheap as laminated woven PP or multi-ply paper
3.As item 2, but totally waterproof and impervious to moisture
4.Ability of FFS to handle packaging materials made up of a multi-layer of films with a labyrinth of perforations allowing trapped air to escape quickly
6.“Reaction films” which become as rigid as a carton
7.Cyclonic de-aeration making it easy and cheap to pack low density food powders such as skimmed milk
The Golden Rules
● No single solution for all businesses
● On pure economic grounds FFS is hard to resist
□ Changing from paper to plastic gives dramatic reduction in packaging material costs
□ Automation provides labour saving
□ Packing speed accelerated throughput gives improved productivity
● Technical constraints often excludes FFS
□ Very fine, very light powders
□ Moist products which need to ‘breathe’
□ Limited packing rate with problematical products
□ Flexibility, frequent bag size changes
□ Need for special heavy duty packaging or product protection
● ‘Customer is king’ – customer perception – some markets do not ccept plastic bags
● Improvements in film and machine technology will increase appeal of FFS
Side Gusset Bag
Applicable to Various Industries
Shock Resistance/ Moisture proof
Sealing & Handle:
up to your demands
Place of Origin:
Zhejiang, China (Mainland)
According to the Customers
25kg,50kg etc, as your demands
Accept Customized Logo